Friday 6 January 2023

"I've come from your competition" - Sales tip Jan '23

A new prospect walks into your club saying they’ve just visited your competitor around the corner [or that they’re thinking about leaving that club to join you].

What’s your first response?

Don’t put them down… big them up!
Think of one of your competitors USPs and compliment it.


For example,
  1. If they open 24/7, say “it’s great they open round the clock”
  2. If they have a pool, say “they’ve got a lovely swimming pool”
  3. If they are community focused, say “they have an awesome community, don’t they”
There’s a good chance that the prospect will correct you and tell you what they don’t like at the other club, after all, they’ve come to you to find out what’s different. So, they might reply:
  1. Yes, but I don’t feel safe there with no staff (so instructors are important to them).
    Or… Not really, I only want to work out from 8am.
  2. I don’t know, I’ve never used the pool, and it’s included in my membership fee.
    Or… no, it’s not that well maintained for what you pay.
  3. No, it’s pretty cliquey.
    Or… I prefer to workout on my own.

Don’t put your competitors down, often you can find out more about a prospective member by complimenting their current club, or the one they’ve just visited. There’s a reason they’re checking you out, so be nice to them!


No comments: