Monday 8 November 2010

Motivation for a Run on a Cold, Wet, Grey Monday

It was a real struggle drumming up the motivation to get out for a run today, here's what helped:

In no particular order...
Possibly the only chance to do proper exercise this week - looking like a busy one!
howies merino base layer and waffler midlayer to keep me warm
RATM - Know Your Enemy
Doing 3 laps of Highgate Woods instead of 2
QT Quartet - Hold That Sucker Down (cheese-trance!)
@rachelyoung23 and michelle.marshall constantly tweeting/fbing about running
Having a bit of a cold and a sore throat
Sugar - Feeling Better
Because I knew when I got back I'd be really happy I'd done it
QOTSA - Go With The Flow
Knowing that tweeting about it would motivate others to get out there & do the same
Having told TG & AG that I would be going
and of course, Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

I normally see 2 or 3 other joggers out on a weekday lunchtime, but there were none today. Guess they didn't have the motivation in the rain & cold. Will come back and check this list next time I'm trying to decide whether to go or not...

No comments: